On Wednesday 14th November, six Year 13 pupils participated in the Soroptimist Public Speaking Competition in Hillsborough. Our pupils had chosen a topic and were required to create and present a six minute speech on this topic. This included
1.Ella Crossey - “Is loneliness just an issue for the lonely?”
2. Sarah Crawford -“Real wealth is never measured in money or possessions”
3. Niamh Heatley- “You are right to protect yourself”
4. Louise McCarthy- “What is normal is decided by the society in which we live”
5. Claire McKinney- “How do we tackle the plastic issue?”
6. Caomihe Venning- “How do we tackle the plastic issue?”
With fourteen competitors and an “impeccable” standard according to the three adjudicators, we were delighted that Sarah Crawford, Louise McCarthy and Caomihe Venning were highly commended with Claire McKinney achieving third place and Niamh Heatley achieving second place. Well done to all of our participants!